[Samba] Samba as PDC/Authentication server

Andrew R andrew at htop.org
Wed Mar 19 22:04:03 GMT 2003

Good day list.
THis is my first post, and I am also searhing the archives to try to find the answers.

I am trying to setup samba to act as an authentication server, as well =
as the obvious file backup server.

I have been battling arround, and finally managed to get the samba shares to work - I can map the network drives to the shares.

but as soon as I try to configure it to act as a PCD it bombs out -
I am getting no domain server was available to authenticate you (that error)

When I use the example smb.conf from the samba.howto - I get configuration error.

Redhat 8.0 latest version of Samba.

If anybody has any ideas or smb.confs that I can look at and try to impliment it would be greatly appreaciated.

THanks

Andrew