[Samba] Re: Re-Using Machine Names on Samba Domain

John E. Mayorga jmayorga at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 19 19:22:54 GMT 2003

Michael, and anyone else,

So, does this mean that it is not necessary to delete or modify any of
the *.tdb files.

I tried the following:

1) Changing the workstation from domain to workgroup
2) Deleting the machine account from smbpasswd and /etc/passwd
3) Trying to rejoin the domain

I got the typical error message received when a second workstation is
joined to a domain using a machine name already in use.

Any ideas, clues, hints?

Thanks,

John E. Mayorga