[Samba] Windows 9X samba Password Change

Tiago Cruz tiagocruz18 at uol.com.br
Wed Mar 19 19:17:58 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 16:10, Kevin Smith wrote:

> What is the preferred method of letting Win9X users changes their password?
> I Have the necessary settings on smb.conf (passwd chat, ect.) but still
> can't seem to get it to work properly.
> And trust me, if I upgrade the Win OS's, itll cause more confusion then
> needed.
>
> Kev

In you smb.conf:

=========================
encrypt passwords = Yes
	unix password sync = Yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
	smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

It's possible change Win9x  password with a "control panel"

Regards

[ ]'s

Tiago Cruz
Org. King de Contab. S/C Ltda.