[Samba] Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

milend milend at ansco.com
Wed Mar 19 17:36:49 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have Linux box with Samba as PDC and mixed network enviroment - Linux
and windows machines.
Windows boxes can browse and access all Linux shares.
Linux boxes can browse only Win95/98 shares.
When I try to obtain a list of shares on Win2000/NT machine using
smbclient -L (without user name and password!!!)
I get the following error: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
The same command smbclient -L (without user name and password!!!)
works fine for Win95/98 and shows me all theirs shared resources

Because of this Linux LAN browsers like Nautilus, LISA, gnomba,
xSMBrowser  don't work.

Maybe the problem is in my PDC (my samba PDC)?
Does anyone know what could be the problem?
What I can do about Anonymous browsing Win200/NT boxes?
How I can get rid of error message NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED?
Thank you very much for you help in advance!

Milen
P.S.: Here is the output of smbclient -L command
[user1 at linuxbox user1]$ smbclient -L WIN2KHOST
added interface ip=192.168.5.80 bcast=192.168.5.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Password:
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[TECH] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

Sharename Type Comment
Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Server Comment

Workgroup Master