[Samba] mp3 files not playing from win98-client

Christian Raack c.raack at gmx.de
Wed Mar 19 08:43:35 GMT 2003

well I have done all this(not only with winamp)...no chance....yesterday I
tried it with a linux client (suse 8.0 as well) on the same machine the win 98
client was running before and it does not work neither - then I was mounting
the share with NFS and i could play the mp3 files!!!  ...quite strange isn't
it....
there is still no problem copying the same mp3-files from the server to the
win98 clients using samba...

is anyone interested in parts of the log-files and traces of the
network-traffic (done by ethereal)  ???
I can't help me anymore !!!
thanks