[Samba] File and Directory permissions

Benjamin Stewart -NEW bstewart at waterwerks.com.au
Wed Mar 19 18:18:56 GMT 2003

Greetings,
We are in the process of moving all our files from Windows 2000 Server
to Samba running on RedHat 8.0. Have had a failry smooth ride, but this
morning I was asked to restrict access to a particular directory in a
particular share to a group of users. How do I do this ? Am I better to
create a new share and share that folder out from there setting
permissions etc.

When the files were stored on win2000 server I was able to go to the
security tab and add/select/change users from there. Is there a way to
do this from the linux box where ths files are stored ?

Thanks

Ben