[Samba] Multiple Groups, Different Permissions problem

Kevin Bramblett kbramblett at dssresearch.com
Tue Mar 18 17:19:51 GMT 2003

Hello everyone,

I need to setup some directories (in RHL 7.2 running Samba 2.2.3a w/ W2K
PDC) to allow multiple groups, each of which has different permissions.  If
this can be done on the Linux side, this would be preferred, but if it has
to be done in Samba, any help in understanding how to make this happen is
appreciated.  I know Windows NT/W2K allows multiple groups and I would think
Linux would as well, but I cannot find in my documentation anything about
this subject.

Thanks,
Kevin Bramblett
Network Administrator

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.  However a large number
of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.