[Samba] Performance Increase Suggestions

Noel Kelly nkelly at citrusnetworks.net
Tue Mar 18 15:49:28 GMT 2003

Or you could just switch the filesystems to ext2?

I believe this is just a case of changing your mount options in fstab and I
think this is what John was alluding to earlier - ext3 adds a lot of baggage
to the ext2 structure which slows it down quite considerably.  Reiser and
XFS were designed from the bottom up so make the journalling less of a
performance issue.

I guess it depends if you want to lose the journalling to gain performance?

HTH
Cheers,
Noel