[Samba] Ghosting Linux Partitions.

Matthew Daubenspeck matt at oddprocess.org
Tue Mar 18 14:35:15 GMT 2003

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 09:17:24AM -0500, Kevin Smith wrote:
> I was thinking of putting a slightly bigger HD on my Linux server and would
> like to know the easiest way.
> I know that ghost works well on FAT32 partitions, but does it work on Ext3
> partitions too?
> Id rather not reinstall if I don't have to, so any and all suggestions are
> appreciated.

This is a bit OT, but I have used Ghost with ext2 partitions with no
 problems whatsoever. I'm not sure if ext3 is supported or not.

However, if you run Lilo, you must boot back into the system with some
sort of Lilo bootdisk and run lilo to pick up the changes.

Grub, on the other hand, works without having to do anything.

--
:wq!

  Matthew Daubenspeck
  http://www.oddprocess.org