[Samba] Outlook .pst files on Samba PDC

Noel Kelly nkelly at citrusnetworks.net
Tue Mar 18 12:56:00 GMT 2003

I agree - keeping any valuable data in a profile is asking for trouble -
especially as profiles get overwritten so you have no chance of recovering a
lost one.

PST files also grow exponetially so you will soon be looking at huge
login/logoff times as huge PST files are copied up and down to the server.

Why not position the PSTs in the user's home drive?  We have done this
before and it works OK.  We also have the Desktop folder in their home drive
as well so people can save stuff there and not worry about it being lost
through over write next time the client/server disagree about the profile
sync.

The only thing you want in the profile are those program settings which can
be recreated - keep any real data well away.

Noel