[Samba] Samba and Windows XP

J.P. Cummins jpc797s at smsu.edu
Tue Mar 18 06:37:10 GMT 2003

After messing arround with the configutation, I found a work arround.
In the global section, use user level access, encrypt passwords, and set
'map to guest = Bad User'.  With this configuration you can allow guests
to certain folders, while restricting others. This configuration was the
only way I was able to achieve 'share level access' without WinXP
restricting the username.