[Samba] WinNT4WS problems... PLEASE HELP, URGENT

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Mar 18 01:45:03 GMT 2003

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 gurban at shaw.ca wrote:

> I've reached the point where I'm bashing my head
> against a brick wall here.  I'm trying to get my
> windows nt4ws clients to authenticate to my samba
> server on linux redhat 7.1 and I keep getting the
> error message:
>
> the domain controller for the domain TREBASV.COM is
> not currently available.

Suggest you change your domain name to "trebasv", ie: in smb.conf
[globals]:
	workgroup = trebasv

A '.' can do bad things!

> Attached is my smb.conf output from testparms

Please email it to me direct at jht at samba.org.
Do not send attachments to the samba list - they get stripped out.

PS: Please send me only the output from:
	testparms -x

> All of my paths on my filesystem are the same as the
> paths in the smb.conf
>
> I want users to be able to have the same home
> directories as their unix homes... in my case
> /u2/home/%u

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra