[Samba] Samba vs Windows SAK

erx esteadle at spinnakernet.com
Mon Mar 17 20:21:02 GMT 2003

Hi,

I wasn't looking for a response to Microsoft. You're right, they could care
less what the linux community thinks. What I was looking for was a response
for those who might be trying to make a decision about whether to invest in a
Microsoft SAK based product, or whether to try using a Linux+Samba based
solution.

The fact that we *could* demonstrate these things (but haven't) is not
sufficient. Not to me, not to those who might be deciding.

As far as truth goes, I couldn't disagree more. Truth is relative; truth
changes over time. It is affected by what you see, hear, read, and believe. I
can affect your truth; you can affect mine. If it weren't true, there would be
no point at all to marketing.

So you know of nothing, then, that counters Microsoft's arguments?

ERX