[Samba] samba and winbind group ID?

Sheldon, Jason JSheldon at smithcarter.com
Mon Mar 17 16:10:49 GMT 2003

Using samba 2.2.7a with Winbind on a Redhat 8.0 machine - when I login
locally with a domain username and password I get this message: "id: cannot
find name for group ID 10000"

-I seem to have full access to everything, so I'm not sure what effect this
actually has - Ideas?

Also, I'm trying to create some samba shares with NT domain group
permissions. in the placeholder file for domain users/groups, you're
supposed to have

linuxgroupname = @domaingroupname       #is this right?  so it would
actually look this?:

project = @Informant+Project Users

I'm a little confused on this point and haven't seem to found documentation
on it...

/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf

[global]

name resolve order = wins lmhosts bcast
wins server = 10.100.100.1
wins support = no
domain master = no
local master = no
os level = 0
preferred master = no
workgroup = INFORMANT
server string = PC118
netbios name = PC118
security = domain
password server = SRV01 SRV02
encrypt passwords = yes
smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
winbind separator = +
winbind gid = 10000-20000
winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind enum groups = yes