[Samba] Single shared directory, with a universal password

indy at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG indy at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG
Mon Mar 17 00:37:56 GMT 2003

Hello,

I am using Samba "Version 2.2.3a-12 for Debian" on a Debian 3.0 system.
I have looked at lots of Samba documentation and have not been able to
find anything explaining what I need. I want to create a single directory
on my Samba server that is ok for any user (e.g. 'guest ok = yes'), but
is password protected. Meaning, I want a share that any user can access
as long as they have the password to that specific directory. I haven't
seen how to do this anywhere, so any assistance that you could offer
would be most appreciative. Thanks a lot!

-indy