[Samba] gpedit.msc as centralized policy for 2k/xp clients

K. Hawkes k.hawkes at darknyte.force9.co.uk
Sun Mar 16 19:00:36 GMT 2003

You sound like you are having the same problem we did at our site.

The key is to get Win2K SP3, get the POLEDIT.EXE file out of it.
Search local hard disks for .ADM files, load these into POLEDIT.
This will give you most of GPEDIT's functionality but inside POLEDIT, it may
be an idea to convert the .ADMs to standard TEXT, NOT Unicode just for
completeness.

Hope this helps.

K. Hawkes