[Samba] Problem starting samba :/

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sun Mar 16 14:48:57 GMT 2003

There may be a startup script.  The binary likely is in /usr/local/samba/bin.
This is all I do in my startup script.

#!/bin/bash
case "$1" in
 start)
  killall smbd
  killall nmbd
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D
/usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd -D
  ;;

 stop)
  killall smbd
  killall nmbd
 ;;
 reload)
 kill -SIGHUP `cat /usr/local/samba/var/locks/smbd.pid`
 kill -SIGHUP `cat /usr/local/samba/var/locks/nmbd.pid`
 ;;
 *)
 echo Usage:
 echo start stop reload