[Samba] integrating multiple NT4 domains with Samba

thephly thephly at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 16 14:18:24 GMT 2003

On 2.2.8 "workgroup = " is ignored in include files

smb.conf:
[global]
        include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.global.%m

/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.global.machinename:
        netbios name = SAMBA
        workgroup = SOMEWHERE
        security = domain
        password server = somewhere-nt4-pdc

machinename connects with this result:

[2003/03/16 06:09:41, 0] smbd/password.c:(1558)
  domain_client_validate: could not fetch trust account password
for domain WORKGROUP

Conclusion:

New value for "workgroup =" should have been "SOMEWHERE" . "workgroup =" can
no longer (since 2.0) by overridden by include files. It is can be set only
once in the main config file.

This prevents integration of multiple NT4 domains by single samba server.