[Samba] oplocks and w2k

Stéphane Purnelle stephane.purnelle at tiscali.be
Sun Mar 16 13:26:30 GMT 2003

Hi,

I resubmit my mail because my server become in production and the client
must be correct.

I have a PDC server with profiles share enabled.
When a w2k client computer logout from domain, the client display
a message "the system cannot transfert the file xxx to
//TOTO/profiles/yvan because this file is used by a other process".

When I look on workstation.log I have oplock break.

I apply a solution :
I disabled the oplocks for the profiles share, but this change not
resolve my problem.

Description :
Samba 2.2.7a with ldapsam and ACL support.

The samba 2.2.8 version can resolve my problem ?

Can anyone help me ?

thank you