[Samba] How can I login at home and work

Elijah Savage esavage at digitalrage.org
Sun Mar 16 12:49:31 GMT 2003

You're not going to be able to login to both domains from your portable.
Windows 2k or XP does not support this. Once you put this machine in a
domain that is the only domain it can be a part of without removing it
from your work domain and adding it to your home domain every time you
want to login. And your privileges on the machine probably do not allow
you to remove the machine from the domain at work, I know mine does not.

But for me I have the same thing I just come home and login to the
machine and I can still see my samba box and shares from my portable
without doing all that crap. You just have to make sure you set the
permissions right on the shares. When you try to access a samba share
from your portable it should simply ask you for username and password if
you enter the correct credentials you should be in very simple.