[Samba] local user admin rights on samba pdc

Raj Saxena rajan at ipisland.com
Sat Mar 15 15:47:16 GMT 2003

Hi guys,
        I have a issue. I have a redhat 8.0 with the stock samba 2.25-10
that ships with it. I have that running as a pdc. the problem is when users
try access a palm pilot it wants local user admin rights. All my clients are
win2k sp3.

I have noticed that it is causing a problem for some other software also. I
know that i need to grant local admin rights for that user but what is the
best method on doing this?

If I try to access softare bylogging in as root on the win2k boxon the pdc
domain it still prevents me from installing a palm pilot or running some
particular software.

All of the software that needs some sort of admin priveledges work fine if
you logon as administrator to the local machine.

Thanks,

Raj

---