[Samba] Windows XP SMBecho request every 30-33 secs

chris parker chrisp at procom.com
Fri Mar 14 22:39:22 GMT 2003

The server is low on memory (384 MB).  Normally the deadtime parameter in
smb.conf will allow the smbd  daemon for that connection to
die. This echo request keeps the smbd alive.  Each active connection
requires between 400K and 3 MB depending on the level of activity.
Can't add more memory in the MB, larger swap doesn't solve the problem
either. We will go to another MB with 2 GB of RAM, but not for a while.