[Samba] Can't map Redhat 8.0 share on Windows XP Professional

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Fri Mar 14 21:01:21 GMT 2003

Have you followed the steps to enable encrypted passwords on the Samba
server?  Also, posting your smb.conf file might be helpful.

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Laura West wrote:

Hello,

I am unable to map My Redhat 8.0 share from Windows XP Professional.  I
get the error "The specified server cannot perform the requested
operation. ( Error 58 )."  I've done everything I could think of to
resolve this.

Help would be much appreciated.  :-)

Laura