[Samba] Re-Using Machine Names on Samba Domain

John E. Mayorga jmayorga at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 13 00:10:27 GMT 2003

Hello, All!

I am a system administrator at a small company using Samba 2.2.7a as a
PDC on Red Hat Linux 7.3. Everything has been going fantastic, but now I
have to rebuild the secretary's Windows 2000 system and re-join the
domain with the rebuilt system using the same machine name as before.

What all do I have to do with Samba to get this to work? None of the
books I have, or the online docs I've read, or the Google searches I've
done have turned up anything.

Thanks,

John E. Mayorga