[Samba] Samba PDC & Win2000

JaS at codan.com JaS at codan.com
Fri Mar 14 12:52:17 GMT 2003

I found out, that the reason Win2000 clients could not connect to Samba,
was because Win2000 uses an unknown uid to log the machine on the samba
domain.
Which uid do Win2000 use? Right now, I have set "Restrict Anonymous =
False" to permit Win2000 clients to connect.

Previously I have used some scripts to add network drives etc. in netlogon.
Win2000 do not seem to call these scripts.
Any good ideas, how to solve this easily? Right now I'm using "logon script
= %g.bat". This enables me to use different scripts for different users
based on their primary group.

Regards
Jacob