[Samba] LDAP Replication

Diego Rivera lrivera at racsa.co.cr
Fri Mar 14 10:53:28 GMT 2003

Hey Vladimir,

Right off the bat I can tell you from my experience (unless somebody
corrects me) that you're going to have problems keeping ACLs with Domain
Group references (i.e. ACLs that include groups in the NT4 Domain
sense).

Samba 2.2.x doesn't support Domain Groups.  Samba 3.0 does, but as you
mentioned you can't wait until that, and obviously alpha (beta?) level
code would also be unacceptable.

By Domain Groups I mean custom-created groups of users within the NT
domain such as "Managers", "Marketing Personnel", etc...these can't be
represented in Samba 2.2.x AFAIK - only a few "default" (read: required)
groups exist.

I hope I'm wrong, but sadly I don't think I am.

Best

--
Diego Rivera <lrivera at racsa.co.cr>