[Samba] subdirectory of home

María Isabel López Sánchez-Huete marisa at ugr.es
Fri Mar 14 08:59:45 GMT 2003

Thank you for your rapid answer, Tiago, but I suppose I don't well
explain my doubt.

What I want is to share a subdirectory of home instead the home itself.
In this manner, when a user try connect to his home directory, he really
will connect with, by example, /home/user/subdir.

I don't now if it's possible to do that in the [homes] section, or I
must create a new different section for every user.

Thanks again.

Tiago Cruz wrote:
> Hello Maria!
>
> Yeah! See a example in /etc/samba/smb.conf:
>
> ----------------------------------
> [homes]
> 	comment = Home Directories
> 	read only = No
> 	browseable = No
> [2k]
> 	comment = Programas 2K para teste em servidor Linux
> 	path = /home/tiago/2k
> 	public = yes
> 	guest ok = Yes
> 	writable = yes
> 	force create mode = 777
> 	force directory mode = 777
> ------------------------------------
>
> Regard's
> Tiago Cruz
>
> Em Qui, 2003-03-13 às 17:18, María Isabel López Sánchez-Huete escreveu:
>
>>	Hi.
>>
>>	Sorry: my level of english is not enough good. I hope you understand
>>what I mean.
>>
>>	My question is: it's possible to share a subdirectory (and only one
>>subdirectory for every user) in the section [homes]?
>>
>>	The version of samba which i'm working is 2.2.7a, over Solaris 8.
>>
>>	Thanks in advance.
>>--
>

> [ ]'s
>
> Tiago Cruz
> Org. King de Contab. S/C Ltda.
> www.linuxrapido.kit.net
> Linux User #282636

María Isabel López Sánchez-Huete
Area de Sistemas de Apoyo a la Investigación
C.S.I.R.C.
Campus de Fuentenueva (Edificio Mecenas)
Universidad de Granada
email: marisa at ugr.es
Tlf: 958 242839