[Samba] DC set with restrict anonymous HELP!

Bobby Guerra bguerra at dtr-software.com
Thu Mar 13 21:49:22 GMT 2003

I am trying to get samba to work with winbind and still have the DC (w2k)
use restrict anonymous.

If I run wbinfo -A it will allow me to enumerate all the user accounts and
groups but I still get prompted for a password when I try to access samba
shares.  I can turn off restrict anonymous and I can access the samba box
all day with no problem but as soon as I turn on restrict anonymous it
breaks.

 Do I need to do anything other then wbinfo -A in order to get around
restrict anonymous?

Bobby Guerra