[Samba] (Fwd) vfs_recycle and create mode 770

Marcel Mohr marcel.mohr at emz-berlin.de
Thu Mar 13 15:50:24 GMT 2003

I'd like to use the recycle as a per machine recycler using the option
'name = .recycle/%m' (because we just use some usernames
without passwords, and not because of the adminstrators abilties, but for a better
workflow with a lot of different projects and people working on them.)
But if a directory is created the vfs recycle uses the rights 700, and i have found
no way around it (maybe editing recycle.h or vfs.h, but i don't think im good
enough).
The Problem is:
User A is deleting a directory. This directory is the being created and the file is
being moved to that place. But then the dirctory is created with 700.
User B is deleting a subdirectory within that directory created from User A but isn't
allowed to do so and therefore the files will be purged.

How can I change the create mode to 770.

My thoughts till now:
force create/directory mode helps nothing, think it's hidden somewhere in the vfs
code
a cron job to change the rights would be a little insecure, because for one hour
the recycle isn't working.

Marcel Mohr

Berliner Institut für
Vergleichende Sozialforschung
Wissenschaftlicher, gemeinnütziger Verein
Mitglied im Europäischen Migrationszentrum

Postal Adress: Schliemannstraße 23, D-10437 Berlin
Phone: +49-30 - 44 65 10 65  Fax: +49-30 - 444 10 85
E-mail: info at emz-berlin.de
Homepage: http://www.emz-berlin.de