[Samba] Samba Print server

William R. Knox wknox at mitre.org
Thu Mar 13 13:53:25 GMT 2003

Not to try and break any records, but we have servers that each serve up
~1500 printers under 2.0.X. Needless to say, attempts to upgrade to 2.2
resulted in some difficulty (servers coming nearly instantly to their
knees as dozens of Windows boxes attempted to initiate RPC, etc.). But
performance under 2.0.X is actually not at all bad.

			Bill Knox
			Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
			The MITRE Corporation