[Samba] does 'all trusted domains' work?

unolinuxguru unolinuxguru at olug.org
Thu Mar 13 03:01:29 GMT 2003

Does the 'allow trusted domains' functionality in samba even work?  How is
it intended to work?

I have 2 domains, one run by an NT4 PDC and one run by a Samba PDC.  There
are Win98 clients on both of them.  How can I allow clients from the NT4
domain to access shares on the Samba domain?  Is this possible?  Any
enlightenment would be appreciated... =)

I have read every piece of samba documentation that I can find on this
topic (virtually nil) and still do not have an answer, or even a clear
understanding of what this function is supposed to do.  Can anyone help?

thanks, peace