[Samba] Winbindd on FreeBSD?

Markus Schanovsky mschano at aon.at
Wed Mar 12 18:36:06 GMT 2003

Hello!
I try to run Samba 2.7.7.a on FreeBSD - 4.7 and 5.0.
I installed from the ports and from the original source.

Every time I get a compiler error according to the files
nsswitch/pam_winbind.c and pam_winbind.h - PAM_AUTHTOK_RECOVER_ERR
undefined - and then exit.

I tried to solve the problem patching the source file - so all will be
compiled and linked well.

Winbindd is able to run, but nothing else - wbinfo -p is not able to ping my
winbindd.

Is winbindd not able to be compiled under FreeBSD?

With best regards from Vienna
Markus Schanovsky