[Samba] Small/Medium Samba Install

Jim Wharton jwharton at acpafl.org
Tue Mar 11 21:06:41 GMT 2003

4.11? 3.12...yikes. I have done this but only with 50 users. The printer
spooling was the only part that gave me any trouble. But that was quickly
resolved. Runs like a champ(just like NetWare 3.12).

LDAP is NDS/Active Directory without the pretty GUI apps and the "smarts"
ripped out. In the case of Microsoft "smarts", that's not really a bad
thing. Once you configure slurpd, your samba domain controllers will stay in
sync.

Jim

OutBound Mail Scanned by Mcafee Web Appliance.