[Samba] Hide files in samba share using Window

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Tue Mar 11 13:07:44 GMT 2003

Did you try:

       map hidden (S)
              This controls whether DOS style hidden files should
              be mapped to the UNIX world execute bit.

              Note  that  this requires the create mask to be set
              such that the world execute bit is not  masked  out
              (i.e.   it  must  include  001).  See the parameter
              create mask for details.

              Default: map hidden = no

~ Daniel

Adrian Chow Seng Yien wrote:
> I don't have "show hidden file" chosen from Microsoft.
>
> After I check the "hidden" attribute using Windows, I
> right-click again and the "hidden" box is still uncheck !!!
>
> adrian

> take a look at vito files.
>
> also make sure that you do not have show hidden file chosen from
> Microsoft or it will still show hidden files.
>
> Mike
>
> On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 18:41, Adrian Chow Seng Yien wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The following is done on a samba share:-
> >
> > When I want to hide files in on the Windows interface, I
> right-click the file and check on the hidden attribute, but
> the file still appears there.  Must I rename the file with a
> dot in front in order to hide it?  Any alternative to allow
> the use of Windows interface to hide it?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > adrian

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.