[Samba] Hide files in samba share using Window

Adrian Chow Seng Yien chowadrian at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
Tue Mar 11 04:18:02 GMT 2003

I don't have "show hidden file" chosen from Microsoft.

After I check the "hidden" attribute using Windows, I right-click again and the "hidden" box is still uncheck !!!

adrian

>>> Michael Noble <mnoble at rfmagic.com> 03/11/03 12:20PM >>>
take a look at vito files.

also make sure that you do not have show hidden file chosen from
Microsoft or it will still show hidden files.

Mike

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 18:41, Adrian Chow Seng Yien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The following is done on a samba share:-
>
> When I want to hide files in on the Windows interface, I right-click the file and check on the hidden attribute, but the file still appears there.  Must I rename the file with a dot in front in order to hide it?  Any alternative to allow the use of Windows interface to hide it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> adrian
>
> --
Michael G. Noble                          RF Magic, Inc.
Senior System Administrator               10182 Telesis Ct., 4th Floor
                                          San Diego, CA.   92121
mailto:mnoble at rfmagic.com                 voice: (858) 546-2401 x207
                                          fax:   (858) 546-2402
--