RESOLVED!!: [Samba] Struggling to get SAMBA and Windows working together --- RESOLVED!

David Jackson DJackson at floridaforms.com
Tue Mar 11 02:01:32 GMT 2003

this did it, joining the Linux Server to the domain and changing the
smb.conf to use a password server fixed the problem.
now the next thing is to get the permissions to create files in the shared
directory (Access is denied when trying to create a directory on the LInux
share).

anyone know where i can look fo r information on create modes?
I feel bad that I ask for lots of information and haven't given back much
(YET!)
Als could someone tell me where the archives are, as I am sure some readers
out there are tired of me already.
But already this is so great that it is working, it only took two days, but
now that i know I can help others and keep learning more!
Thanks SAMBA LINUX COMMUNITY,
David jackson