[Samba] help needed : Error : The specified user does not exist.

Andre Human Andre.Human at affinity.co.za
Mon Mar 10 13:22:10 GMT 2003

Hi Adil

Have you had any solutions regarding this issue yet?

I have a simular problem:
We setup Samba 2.2.7 with SWAT client. We converted the users from Novell to
Linux as a file server.

What we are having a problem with is that we have to create a samba share
for each user and a login script for each indavidual user. So after 15
shares and over 100 users, it becomes confusing.

Thus, can you create a share(1) within a share(2) and give list access to
the first share(1) and write access to the second share(2)??????

Regards
Andre