[Samba] Joining a 2000 domain with Samba

Malkit Singh msingh at f2s.com
Sun Mar 9 11:59:36 GMT 2003

I have configured Samba, I want to know if I can log on to a Windows
2000 domain. I have tried the smbpassd -j command. The messages I get is
you have joined the Domain. If I try to log on as a Domain user, the
user is not found.

I am try to log on to a an existing domain which is running 2000. I want
domain user to log on to the domain from the linux box. I have tried
looking for the information but I could not find any thing.

So the question is how can I log on to a 2000 Domain, with a Domain
user.

Thanks alot.

Msingh