[Samba] Win2k Performance Problems

Tom Smith tsmith at uccinc.net
Sun Mar 9 07:51:53 GMT 2003

Redhat 8.0
Samba 2.2.7 (See attached smb.conf for Samba config.)

I'm having a speed problem copying files to or from the Samba server
using a Windows 2000 Pro computer. For example, it takes around 2
minutes to copy a 30 MB file. During this copy, I've only got 2 computer
on the network (the Samba server and the Win2k client).

I've checked all DNS issues and there are none--both the server and
workstation can ping the Samba server by name. The Samba server is
advertising all shares and all configured resources are accessible.

Are there any settings that can be tuned to speed up file copies for
Win2k clients?