[Samba] Samba install problem - no locking available

Dan daeven at wideopenwest.com
Sun Mar 9 01:23:32 GMT 2003

I'm trying to install Samba 2.2.7a on a Redhat Linux 6.0 server.  I get the
following message after running configure:

checking configure summary... ERROR: No locking available.  Running Samba
would be unsafe.
configure: error: summary failure.  Aborting configure

I know this has come up for others recently (found a few matches on Google),
but I haven't found any solutions in the archives yet.  I am a bit of a
newbie.

My hardware is a bit limited - Pentium 100 with 48 MB of RAM, plenty of
disk.  I selected everything for the Redhat installation.

Any help is appreciated.

Dan