[Samba] samba and .NET (WIN 2003)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Mar 7 19:45:24 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 22:19, Schreiber Martin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there any information about new windows version .NET or winxp server or
> whatever the name will be. Does it run with samba 2.2.7a or must i wait
> until version 3.0 is released.

Win 2003 does pose some particular problems for samba - the DC will
require SMB signing by default, particularly if you don't set
permissions for older versions of windows.

I've got the SMB signing code in HEAD, for the basic case, and I expect
Jeremy to do a rush-merge to 2.2 if it becomes a big problem
in-the-field before 3.0 is released.  (fortunately, the code is
relatively small)

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net