[Samba] samba backup software

Greg Freemyer freemyer at NorcrossGroup.com
Fri Mar 7 17:44:16 GMT 2003

>> We are working on migrating up from ait2 technology, and are
>>  deciding on whether to go to ait3, or SuperDLT..

Have you seen the new SAIT technology from Sony.

Uses AIT3 density media, but in a roughly DLT form factor.

The cartridge holds 5x the sq. in. of AIT, so you get 500 GB uncompressed on a =
single tape.

And since the form factor is close to DLT, the library manufacturers just have =
to replace the drives to use it.  (i.e. The robotics/slots don't have to =
change.)

I think someone already has announced a SAIT library.  (Search the news section =
of google for SAIT).

Greg
--=20
Greg Freemyer