[Samba] W2K sp3 broke winbind

Bobby Guerra bguerra at dtr-software.com
Fri Mar 7 17:06:39 GMT 2003

Hi all,

  I recently applied service pack 3 on all my domain controllers and
disabled anonymous enumeration.  This broke winbind.  After reading some of
the listings and looking at the log info from winbind I believed that
winbind gets its user list by doing an anonymous request so I changed it
back but I still doesn't work.  I get a failure with every wbinfo command.
Here is an excerpt from the log.winbind

[2003/03/07 11:59:09, 1] libsmb/cliconnect.c:cli_full_connection(1019)
  failed tcon_X
[2003/03/07 11:59:09, 3]
nsswitch/winbindd_cm.c:get_connection_from_cache(405)
  Could not open a connection to DTRNT for \PIPE\lsarpc
(NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
)

I am running Red Hat 8.0 with samba 2.2.8pre2-1.  I am happy to provide more
information I didn't want to bogg the e-mail down with info that could be
useless.  I have been working on this for a week now and I am about to fall
on mouse and commit Hari Kari.  Please if anyone has any help let me know.