[Samba] URGENNTT!!...ROAMING PRO..WIN2K

Christopher Odenbach odenbach at hni.uni-paderborn.de
Fri Mar 7 07:47:59 GMT 2003

> I CANNOT GET MY W2K TO CATCH UP ON THE ROAMING PROFILES ON THE
> SERVER. EACH TIME I LOGGON ON THE DOMAIN...THE ERROR I GET..IS I DO
> NOT HAVE PERMISSION FOR THE FOLDER.
> PLEASE ADVICE.......

Stop yelling.

RTFM

especially have a look at docs/README.Win2kSP2

"In order to server profiles successfully to Windows 2000 SP2
clients (when not operating as a PDC), Samba must have

        nt acl support = no

added to the file share which houses the roaming profiles.
If this is not done, then the Windows 2000 SP2 client will
complain about not being able to access the profile (Access
Denied) and create multiple copies of it on disk..."

Christopher

    Dipl.-Ing. Christopher Odenbach
    HNI Rechnerbetrieb
    odenbach at uni-paderborn.de