[Samba] Samba Plain Password Patch

Kurt Weiss input.maillists at kwnet.at
Fri Mar 7 07:10:56 GMT 2003

Matt Lester schrieb:
> I cannot seem to find the plain password patch for the registry for NT4 or
> 2000.  Is there one patch that works for both?  Can you point me to where I
> can download the patch?

no it's not the same...
*attention*: in w2k u can only use plain tesxt password, if u *don't*
join a domain. w2k cannot join a domain with plain text password...

gk

nt4.0:
REGEDIT4

;Contributor:   Tim Small (tim.small at virgin.net)
;Updated:	20 August 1997
;Status:	Current
;
;Subject:	Registry file to enable plain text passwords in NT4-SP3 and later

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Rdr\Parameters]
"EnablePlainTextPassword"=dword:00000001

w2k:
REGEDIT4

;Contributor:   Herb Lewis (herb at sgi.com)
;Updated:	16 July 1999
;Status:	Current
;
;Subject:	Registry file to enable plain text passwords in Windows 2000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkStation\Parameters]