[Samba] please help me

Luca Massarenti samba at massarenti.com
Thu Mar 6 08:06:41 GMT 2003

What kind of resolution method do you use ?

If not implemented try Bind (DNS)

using dns proxy = yes in smb.conf
and
search  mydomain.com
domain mydomain.com
nameserver  x.y.w.z                   the ip address of the dns server

in /etc/resolv.conf

remember to open port 53 for domain in the firewall.
Luca