[Samba] Winbind usernames without DOMAIN prefix

Matt Kunze kunzem at optimiz.com
Wed Mar 5 23:26:20 GMT 2003

(I apologize if this is not the right list for this question, this
seemed the closest thing to a winbind list that I could find)

Is it possible to have winbind return usernames simply as 'username' and
not 'domain+username'? The linux box I am setting this up for will
basically not have any local accounts, so collisions are not a problem,
and it will only be accessing one domain so there is no need to
differentiate users based on their domain. It would be nice to have the
NT and Linux usernames be the same.

Thanks for any help.
--

.o0O0o.__.o0O0o.__.o0O0o.__.o0O0o.__.o0O0o.__.o0O0o.__.o0O0o.
| Matt Kunze                      Sometimes there's a point.|