[Samba] Strange smbclient-messages

oops monitor monitor at oops.co.at
Wed Mar 5 19:21:37 GMT 2003

Hi, Samba-Users,

this morning I found some strange-looking lines in my report-emails.
At one of my customers I have an installation of Amanda running fine.
Yesterday I decided to add a Windows-share to the systems to be backed
up. This morning I looked at the logs and there was stuff like this:

....[snip]

? SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file \GKKDFU\Eldawin.hlp (\GKKDFU\)
? SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file \GKKDFU\eldawin.log (\GKKDFU\)
? SUCCESS - 0 listing \GKKDFU\empfange\*
? SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file \GKKDFU\ew.log (\GKKDFU\)
? SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file \GKKDFU\SackOpts_nt4.zlp (\GKKDFU\)
? SUCCESS - 0 listing \GKKDFU\senden\*
? SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file \GKKDFU\sendenvm08 (\GKKDFU\)
? SUCCESS - 0 listing \GKKDFU\TapiUpdate\*
? SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file \GKKDFU\trjour.dat (\GKKDFU\)
? SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file \GKKDFU\UNWISE.EXE (\GKKDFU\)
? SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file \GKKDFU\UNWISE.INI (\GKKDFU\)

....[snip]

( No, not only the directory \GKKDFU )

I searched the mailing list archives of both amanda-users and samba. I
only found some mails with the same topic, but no satisfying answer.

Can anybody tell me what it is about ?

----

sw used:

Kernel 2.4.18-4GB
Amanda 2.4.2p2

I donŽt know the version of Samba right now, the machine is some
kilometers away ... It has Suse Linux 8.0 on it, no samba-update so
far, as I remember.

Thanx for your help,
Stefan.

mailto:monitor at oops.co.at