[Samba] Cannot access SWAT on Redhat 8.0

Laura West lwest54 at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 5 17:05:27 GMT 2003

Hello,

I would like to use Swat to configure Samba.  I installed the Redhat
Samba package from samba.org and entered swat into my /etc/services
file.  I am frankly a little confused.  I am reading O'Reily's "Red Hat
Linux" it says to issue commands "chkconfig xinetd on", "chkconfig swat
on", and finally "xinetd reload".  On the third command fails.  When I
try and point my browser to "localhost:901" it says "cannot connect".

Can anyone give me some tips?

Laura