[Samba] Default settings for print drivers

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Tue Mar 4 13:43:49 GMT 2003

> > > I had this working in 2.2.8pre2.  What server platform
> are you using?
> >
> > RH 7.2 linux on s390 (2.4.9-38 kernel) glibc-2.2.4-31
>
> yeah.  that would be an affected system.  2.2.8pre2 should
> correct this
> for you.

Jerry, thanks, it fixed the biggest problem.  Device settings (installed
options) are now remembered and applications picked them up correctly,
so the appropriate printing preferences can now be set.  There is still
a problem with remembering printing preferences though.

Though the preferences are set on the samba server, when the client
installs the driver the printing preferences are lost (though device
settings are retained).  It gets a little stranger, in that when a
printer admin installs the printer on the client, printing preferences
are lost on the samba server too.  Our windows print guy assured me that
with the w2k server, the clients would inherit the printing preferences
that were set on the server at the time the printer was installed.

~ Daniel

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.